Monday, February 21, 2011

That's Just What My Kids Call It

In the past year or so, I've been doing a lot of reading about climate change, peak oil, the possible collapse of the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency, and the general lack of sustainability that appears to exist in our current system of living.

Frankly, I am worried,for myself...and for my family.

So I've taken to making a few feeble preparations for the prospect, however unlikely, of a "Negative Event Scenario". My four twenty-something children refer this hypothetical  collapse of civilization as the Zombie Apocalypse.  Hence the name of my blog. Apologies to zombie aficionados. The only zombies I plan to write about are zombie banks and zombie neighborhoods and zombie American institutions.

This blog is about my ongoing attempts to figure out how to survive and hopefully prosper in this increasingly hostile and dangerous world.

No comments:

Post a Comment